San Francisco Fleet Week Air Show
36th Annual San Francisco Fleet Week is coming to the Bay Area!
When: October 2 – 9, 2017
Where: San Francisco, California
How Much: FREE
The Fleet Week Air Show is so much more than just the Blue Angels, this annual festival and celebration of military power features a full airshow with a 747, Coast Guard rescue demonstrations, plus Navy ship tours, live music, a parade of ships underneath the Golden Gate Bridge, and tons more. During the first week of October, this air show is in San Francisco, neighboring Berkeley, California, right across the Bay Bridge.
On Thursday, October 5, 2017, you will be able to look up and see the Blue Angels arrive and begin their practice as they buzz all over the city and around the waterfront during their annual Survey Flights of San Francisco. This is not the full airshow, however, that will come later in the week.
This spectacular event attracts over a million people around the Bay Area and takes place over three consecutive days. Many of the sights you will see are the United States Navy Blue Angels, the Air Force’s F-22 Raptor, the Royal Canadian Air Force CF-18, Canadian Snowbirds and, from France, the Breitling Jet Team.
Below is a list of some the activities during the highly anticipated San Francisco Fleet Week.
- Thu 10/5 Fleet Week 2017 | Blue Angels Arrival & Practice
- Fri 10/6 Parade of Ships Under Golden Gate Bridge | Fleet Week 2017
- Fri 10/6 Fleet Week 2017 | Full Airshow Friday & Blue Angels
- Fri 10/6 Free Navy Ship Tours | Fleet Week 2017
- Sat 10/7 Blue Angels Airshow | Saturday
- Sat 10/7 “Bark at the Park: K9 Heroes” Military, Police & Fire Dog Demos | Fleet Week 2017
- Sat 10/7 Fleet Week “First Responders” Festival | Marina Green
- Sun 10/8 Blue Angels Airshow | Sunday
- Mon 10/9 Fleet Week High School Band Challenge | Golden Gate Park
Other popular events include:
Parade of Ships
The annual Fleet Week Parade of Ships will be happening Friday, October 6, 2017. The SFFD Fireboat “St. Francis” will be the first ship under the Golden Gate Bridge starting at 11:00 AM.
During Fleet Week, thousands of visitors will be invited to climb aboard carriers, destroyers and cruisers docked at the Embarcadero in order to catch a glimpse of day-to-day lives of the sailors serving in the U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard and Canadian Navy.