Your Guide to Holiday Events in the Bay Area
Holiday Events in the Bay Area
The Bay Area’s got lighted parades, music-filled parades, a boat parade and the granddaddy of local holiday parades, the 61st annual Los Gatos one. If you plan your schedule right, you can catch several of them between Nov. 30 and Dec. 9. Here’s the list you’ll need:
- WALNUT CREEK: 6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 30, Holiday Parade of Lights at Broadway Plaza, followed by Santa lighting the Christmas tree. www.broadwayplaza.com.
- EMERYVILLE: 5:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 1, Holiday Parade from 53rd and Boyer streets, along Hollis Street, ending at City Hall. A tree lighting will follow. www.ci.emeryville.ca.us.
- LOS GATOS: 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 2, Children’s Christmas/Holidays Parade, along North Santa Cruz Avenue and Main Street. The granddaddy of Bay Area holiday parades, this event is in its 61st year. The 238 marching units include bands, drill teams, dancers and youth, community, sports and animal groups, with Santa’s sleigh as the finale. www.lgsrecreation.org.
- GILROY: 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 2, Holiday Parade along Monterey Street downtown. Plus: doggie dress-up contest, performances by the Gilroy High Chamber Choir and Studio Three Dancers, tree lighting. http:gilroywelcomecenter.org.
- PLEASANTON: 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 2, Hometown Holiday Parade on Main Street downtown with balloon platoon, marching bands, animal groups, hot rod clubs. Afterward, entertainment on main stage, tree lighting and visit from Santa. www.cityofpleasantonca.gov.
- REDWOOD CITY: 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 2, Hometown Holidays Parade down Broadway with bands and dancers, followed by tree lighting in Courthouse Square. Children’s festival with activities and snow starts at 10 a.m. www.hometownholidays.org.
- VALLEJO: 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 2, Mad Hatter Holiday Parade from Georgia Street and Sonoma Boulevard, followed by tree lighting at 6 p.m. at JFK Library and then a lighted boat parade. http://hattervallejo.strikingly.com
- LIVERMORE: 6-8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 2, the 22nd annual Holiday Sights and Sounds Parade. Route follows First Street from M Street to McLeod Street, ending with Santa’s appearance and the lighting of the Christmas tree. www.livermoredowntown.com.
- BENICIA: 10 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 9, along First Street downtown from D Street to H Street, with local marching bands, dancers and Santa. Holiday Market until 3 p.m. at First Street between B and D streets. www.beniciamainstreet.org
- PITTSBURG: 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 9, Holiday Parade on Railroad Avenue from Eighth to Fourth streets. Peppermint Playland runs from noon to 3 p.m.,at John Buckley Square, with crafts, magic show and a visit from Santa. www.ci.pittsburg.ca.us/events.
Events from: http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/11/28/holiday-parades-2017-your-guide-to-bay-area-festivities/